Learn more about pet health with these great resources!
(Note: these resources are NOT a substitute for a veterinary appointment.)
Are you interested in learning more about a disease, illness, or condition? Would you like to know more about a medication? Are you looking for more information or advice about nutrition or behavior? We are always here to discuss these topics and more.
Sometimes you may want to investigate or explore on your own. Considering the wide availability of information on the Internet, it can be difficult to differentiate between what’s trustworthy and what’s not. Here are some trusted sources:
1. Animal Health: A veterinary-trusted source for accurate pet health information. www.veterinarypartner.com
2. ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC): Your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control
3. Cat Community: Powered by the American Association of Feline Practitioners this group strives to provide the very best care for their cat. www.catfriendly.com
4. American Heartworm Society: The latest information about heartworm disease in dogs and cats: www.heartwormsociety.org/
5. Microchipping: Official Home Again website and membership program: www.homeagain.com/
6. AVMA Pet Food Recalls This page shows recalls and alerts announced by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or manufacturers. https://www.avma.org/news/issues/recalls-alerts/pages/pet-food-safety-recalls-alerts.aspx
7. Rainbow Bridge: Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members. www.rainbowsbridge.com
We love sharing information about veterinary medicine! Please call us at 410 461-2400!